Terms & Conditions
Please read the following carefully as the letting of the lodges forms a legal agreement between Spindlewood lodges (The Company) and the hirer (the client) and shall be subject to the Terms and Conditions outlined below:
- Booking: A non-returnable deposit to the value of 25% of the cost of the holiday will be required by return upon booking the lodge. The lodge will not be confirmed as booked until the deposit is received. The balance will be due for payment 8 weeks before the start date of the holiday.
- The full amount of the holiday cost will be payable by return where the start date of the holiday is less than 8 weeks from the booking date. Late breaks — cash on arrival.
- Cancellation: In the event of cancellation we require to be notified immediately in writing or by email. The effective date of the cancellation shall be the date upon which such notice is received by The Company. The following cancellation charges will be applicable: Cancellation of a booking will result in total loss of the deposit as outlined in point 1 above. Cancellation notified to The Company 4 months before the start date of the holiday will only result in the loss of the deposit as detailed above. Cancellation notified to The Company 3 months before the start date of the holiday the client shall pay The Company 30% of the balance figure outlined on the booking Invoice. Cancellation notified to The Company 2 months before the start date of the holiday the client shall pay The Company 50% of the balance figure outlined on the booking Invoice. Any cancellation notified to The Company less than 2 months before the start date the client shall pay The Company the full amount of the balance figure outlined on the booking invoice. We strongly recommend the client to take out adequate Holiday Insurance to cover the cost of cancellation.
- The letting period shall commence at 16.00 hrs on the first day of the letting period and shall terminate at 10.00 hrs on the last day of the letting period.
- The client shall leave the property in a clean state. In the event that the property is left in an unreasonable condition we reserve the right to charge the client for additional cleaning cost incurred.
- In the event, for whatever reason, the lodge becomes unavailable for letting after the booking has been accepted, The Company shall use its best endeavours to find suitable alternative accommodation for the client. In the event that the Company is unable to find suitable alternative accommodation the Company shall refund to the client in full all sums which the Company has received from the client. The Company shall have no further liability whatsoever to the client.
- In the event of any dissatisfaction or complaint, the client should contact the company during the course of the letting period. Should the complaint not be resolved, the client should, within a period of fourteen days, address the complaint in writing to the Company. No liability whatsoever shall be attached to the Company in the absence of such written notification.
- The client shall take full and sole responsibility for the safety and conduct of all members of the client’s party and their possessions. The client and the client’s party shall use all the facilities at their own risk. The Company is not liable for any damage, loss or theft from the client’s person, possessions or vehicle however arising so far as the same is capable of being excluded by law.
- In the event of any breach of the above Terms & Conditions, the Company may in its absolute discretion terminate the agreement forthwith. The client shall be liable to compensate the Company for any loss or damage whatsoever or however incurred.
- Damage to the property: The client will be liable for any damage caused to the lodge during the period of hire. The Company has the right to enter the lodge at any time to carryout repairs if repairs are needed.
- The property is designed & equipped for family type holidays the company does not accept all male/female parties under the age of 25 unless at the owners discretion. In which case the company will require a deposit payable on arrival and returned to the party leader on satisfactory inspection of the accommodation on the day of departure.
- Pets are not accepted on site.
- Lost property: Unless the owner contacts the company within 2 weeks of departure any lost property will be donated to a charity shop.
- The Company has the right to terminate a client’s holiday without compensation should the client’s actions or behaviour cause concern to the Company or other guests staying at the lodges.