Our Self Catering Lodges
Each of our lodges are fully equipped and spacious perfect for relaxing and enjoying the countryside views.
- Sleeps up to four people
- One double bedroom with built in wardrobe with a shelves or drawers and a dressing table
- One twin bedroom with built in wardrobes with drawer or shelf and a mirror
- Electric cooker, Microwave & Toaster
- Fridge Freezer
- Cutlery, utensils and crockery
- Washing up liquid, dish cloth & Tea towel
- Full sized bathroom with a bath and power shower
- Lodges 6 & 7 have a walk in shower only. Ideal for disabled guests
- Heated towel rail
- Stunning views of the surrounding countryside
- Private parking space
- South facing veranda
- Outdoor seating and picnic table
- Dining table and chairs for four people
- Large flat screen HD TV
- 2 storage heaters in the living area and additional heaters in the bedroom.
- Your beds will be made up ready for you and towels are provided.
- A free Wifi service is available in the lodges.
- We have 4 dog friendly lodges, lodges 1, 2, 3 & 6
- There is a fenced exercise area for dogs
- Table tennis, badminton/volley ball net, croquet and other lawn games, and a fire pit for our guests use
- In addition the following services are available. Please ask for more details.
- Cots and highchair hire
- Laundry services (washing and drying) with next day return
"The place to make friends with chickens!"
A lovely clean cabin/chalet usually for a family of four but lovely for just the two of us. Had everything we needed and an unexpected view of Glastonbury Tor with a huge sky. A group of roaming chickens who would call round regularly and try to get in were highly amusing and full of personality. Loads of space between cabins and a huge space in front too with a communal ping-pong and badminton area (plus a firepit if you like that sort of thing). Massive Tesco in Shepton Mallet if you need to stock up on food but some folk had deliveries! People who ran the place were lovely and practically invisible. Great covid safety.
Janine H, August 2021
"A gem tucked away in the hills!"
“Sandra and Tony are wonderful hosts. The lodges are spotless with everything you need provided. Beautiful secluded location with a view towards Glastonbury tor. Easy access to so many places it makes an excellent base from which to explore or a haven in which to unwind and, as they live close by you can always catch them should you need anything. Access to the site is down a narrow windy road, typical of the area. You will also be greeted by the welcoming committee upon arrival who are very persistent in their demands for any spare titbits of food you may have! Don't worry, they go back to their hen house at night! 😁 I really cannot recommend this little gem highly enough and will hopefully visit it again.
Cheryl R, July 2021
"Perfect family getaway"
We are a family of 4; 2 adults and 2 kids (11 & 13). Spindlewood Lodges are an ideal location for anyone who wants to chill and/or get away from the stresses of normal day to day life. The lodges are well equipped and clean with great views. The owners are lovely and very helpful. There is a nice pub within walking distance and you’re a short drive away from some great tourist attractions (Glastonbury Tor, Wookey Hole, Cheddar Gorge etc.) This was our second visit but definitely not our last!
Shin L, June 2021
"Week at Spindlewood Lodges"
If you want to get away from city life like I did then this is the perfect place. The log cabin was clean and tidy and really cosy in the evening. Kids loved running in the open fields and spending time with the chickens which pass the cabin every so often. Will definitely be visiting again.
Marco M, 2020
"Hope to come back to this idyllic place"
We have stayed in many lodges in Devon, Cornwall and Lake district - none compare to this one. Hope to come back to this idyllic place soon - many thanks for lovely well equipped lodge.
Mr and Mrs Malcolm, Hampshire
We found the accommodation and grounds so relaxing that we were reluctant to go anywhere. There are lots of places to visit that we could not fit it all in one week, so we are coming back again next year.
Mr & Mrs Duffel from Oldbury
"We have taken away many happy memories"
We enjoyed our stay at your beautiful lodge and we have taken away many happy memories - thank you for your warm welcome.
Maddie & Michael East Sussex
We have had a superb holiday here. The accommodation was everything and more than we were hoping we'd get and in excellent surroundings.
Mr & Mrs Peters
"So much space"
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Somerset and our stay in the lovely lodge here at Spindlewood! So much space for the boys to run around and such a comfortable lodge. The welcome hamper was delicious.
The Kirkpatrick Family
"So beautiful and peaceful"
As always, it's so beautiful and peaceful, and most important the lodges